The Advantages of Matomo
- Unlike Google Analytics, Matomo does not have a hit limit.
- The data is yours! With Matomo you have 100% ownership of the collected data.
- Matomo is Open source, which means you can customize Matomo.
- You can create unlimited goals.
- There is no data export limit.
- Matomo uses first-party cookies.
- You can import Google Analytics data into Matomo.
Now, let us learn about the differences between Matomo and Google Analytics 4
- Real-time data analysis (always very useful and never predictable).
- E-commerce measurement.
- Ability To Customize.
- Tracking of goals -with Matomo there are no limits to the number of goals you can create.
- Internal research analysis.
- Automated reports by email.
- App on both iOS and Android.
- Access via API.
- Monitoring of advertising campaigns.
- Both have a Tag Management System – GA4 has the well-known Google Tag Manager, And, Matomo has Matomo Tag Manager.
The Data Model
Matomo has a Data Model much more similar to GA3, where sessions dominate.
Although there is Google Tag Manager, already very widespread among professionals, it is not integrated into Google Analytics. Whereas, in Matomo, on the other hand, the tag manager is perfectly integrated and available for free, complete with numerous types of tags, triggers, and variables.
Matomo, unlike Google Analytics, allows you to record sessions and consult the heatmaps (upon purchase of the appropriate module). Whereas in Google Analytics 4, for this kind of functionality will have to rely on external services like HotJar.
Management of GDPR and Privacy Aspects
Whether Google Analytics or Matomo, integration can be not an easy job, especially when different tools and tools are needed for monitoring. Remember that relying on professionals in the sector is (almost) never wrong, and we are here to support and guide you!
Being a mobile app development and digital marketing company in Toronto, our mobile application developers and digital marketers are helping startups, SMEs, and enterprises. If you are looking for expert advice regarding your mobile app development project or digital marketing, feel free to contact us.